Saturday, August 23, 2014

Welcome to Curlypow Embroidery

Hi anyone, and everyone.  Perhaps some day there will be legions of followers who are champing at the bit to see and read my next embroidery related words, but I won't hold my breath.  Not everyone can be a Mary Corbett, but her amazing following is a wonderful goal to aspire to.

I love to embroider, and to teach embroidery and my wonderful and very talented co-stitchers at my embroidery guild have been encouraging me to start a blog for quite some time now, so I decided to take the plunge.  If I ever want to expand my teaching horizons, I have to have somewhere for people to go to and this will be it.  At this point in time I have no set ideas for what I will show on this blog, but for today and the next little while I'll just let my work speak for itself.  If you like it, then I'd love for you to tell me so.


This piece above was the first piece of thread painting that I designed myself.  It was a rather daunting prospect, I must admit.  I had taken an online course with Trish Burr and her comments were beautifully encouraging.  She basically told me that my next step was to design a piece myself - and this is what I came up with.  I love poppies in all their infinite varieties, but the colours are what really speak to me.  This one was stitched in Anchor cotton thread, which I prefer to DMC although it is somewhat harder to find, and I used a simple heavier weight quilting cotton as my background fabric.  

I will try and update the blog regularly and to add a page with some teaching information, but for now, that's it.  Talk to you later.

2 comments:

  1. Annette @ Annette's Book Spot hopping over to check out your new blog. That's beautiful! I do machine embroidery -- so nothing a great as this, but I"m going to follow you so I can marvel at your projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Annette. Hopefully I'll make it worth your while :)

      Delete